The Hill Is Again a Happy Place

I spent a couple of hours at The Hill this afternoon. The new owners are making it a happy place again. We spent about an hour walking the grounds, showing them the property lines and helping identify trees, shrubs, and garden plants. Coming from a gardening Zone 8 to 6b is a big adjustment. I enjoyed their energy and enthusiasm. Neither know anything about vegetable gardens and were plunging in with fervor. I had to caution them … little early for tomatoes … we still have Redbud, Dogwood and Blackberry winters to get thru.

They're amused (more like agog) to learn my weed control - burn, baby, burn. J told me my nickname around the place is Blowtorch Becky.

They added wonderful yard art to the pieces I left behind. I encouraged them to make the gardens their own; don't worry about what I planted and did. Certainly, I'm doing the same in my new home; Nadina immediately was yanked out. I'm eyeing several other plants which may not see spring in my gardens.

J ask if I'd like to see the house; or would it bother me. Told her I mentally checked out a year and a half ago, not to worry about my feelings. I walked thru the front door and was instantly transported into a Happy Place. The dining room is now a music room; with an upright piano, several guitars, and other instruments with a couple of comfy chairs. Thru out the house every wall, there is glorious art, brilliant colors, interesting textures and forms. I was enchanted. The furniture could be inherited or Found Stuff; carefully polished, restored and loved.

F told me they spent a year looking for property; decided it wasn't going to happen and needed to return to Mississippi. The last day in Kentucky; he was doing a final property internet search and saw ours. He told J "I found my house." (J confirms he didn't say We; he said My) The house was to start showing at noon; they had the 1st appointment and by 4pm; we had a cash offer.

I couldn't be happier; J & F could be us 20 years ago. How lucky we are to have sold to a couple who will continue to love and care for the house and land.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Was and Is Now

Me and Pilates; Pilates and I

Week 7 - Cova 19 Isolation